Altus Power Takes Community Solar Program to Hawaii

Connecticut-based Altus Power has dedicated to creating Hawaii’s first large-scale group solar undertaking thus far. A neighborhood medical facility, its workers and residents of Oahu will quickly be capable of obtain electrical power at a reduction by subscribing to Altus Power’s Community Solar Partnership Program.

Upon completion of the 5 MW array anticipated this summer season, Altus Power will promote roughly 60% of the clear electrical energy generated to a non-profit firm that operates a medical facility and the remaining 40% of the electrical energy might be accessible to learn the houses of workers and different native residents. Altus Power will personal and function the ground-mounted solar farm in Kapolei and ship the power into the Hawaiian Electric grid.

“We’re excited the shared solar program is taking root and opening up to residential customers who haven’t been able to install private rooftop solar,” says Lani Shinsato, co-director of buyer energy sources, Hawaiian Electric. “Providing customers with options is critical, and shared solar projects like this will allow subscribers to reduce their energy bill and take part in the state’s clean energy transition.”

Altus Power at present serves greater than 20,000 group solar subscribers nationwide. Community solar gives owners and renters of various earnings brackets entry to the advantages of fresh energy and power invoice financial savings with out the expense of mounting solar panels on their roofs. Once a subscriber has utilized to a group solar program and is accepted, no upfront price or particular gear is critical to start receiving credit.

Photo by Ethan Robertson at Unsplash.

Recent Articles

Tower Of Energy | Preschool Studying Movies | Rob The Robot

Click Here to Subscribe: Cartoon Show For Children Featuring Rob, Ema and his buddies, the galaxy's most ...

Batteries Constructed for the Future: Leveraging Storage for Demand Side Grid Packages

By Contributing Author September 22, 2023 The case for pairing home solar and battery grew even stronger this 12...

Related Stories

Leave A Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay on op - Ge the daily news in your inbox