Robert Bosch GmbH is a world, extremely diversified producer whose title is synonymous with high quality and reliability. The firm’s power expertise division – Bosch Power Tec – at present affords a variety of solar-related merchandise for Australia’s small-scale solar market. This article focuses on the string inverter line and battery storage options that Bosch at present has obtainable in Australia.
Bosch BPT-S Solar Inverter Series
Single-phase inverters for residential solar functions
Bosch’s BPT-S line of single-phase string inverters consists of 4 fashions for solar PV techniques sized at 3kW, 3.68kW, 4kW and 4.6kW (AC output) – very best for many residential solar PV techniques.
Key Features Include:
- Integrated knowledge logging with on-line monitoring portal – So that buyer, installer and producer alike can monitor efficiency and troubleshoot issues from afar.
- Flexibility in design and efficiency – Wide most power level (MPP) vary of 170V to 600V, mixed with improved MPP monitoring procedures enable for top yields and simpler system design.
- Safety – Innovative service change mechanically checks for errors on each the DC and AC aspect of the system, disconnecting the inverter within the occasion of an error message.
- PowerCool cooling concept – Optimises warmth distribution of the inverter, permitting for an extended total lifespan.
- Easy setup with Bosch’s e.Key – Touchless radio frequency identification (RFID) expertise permits the installer to set the related parameters for Australia with the swipe of a card, ruling out any fault within the settings.
- Sleek design.
Download a spec sheet: BPT-S 3-4.6 (pdf)
Compare quotes from as much as 7 installers in your space now.
Bosch BPT-S 5 Hybrid Solar Battery
4.4kWh – 13.2kWh of battery storage capability
Bosch’s BPT-S 5 Hybrid Battery is an award-winning energy storage answer designed for the residential market. The refrigerator-sized unit could be geared up with as much as 13.2kWh of storage capability – sufficient to permit an average-sized family to turn into principally grid-independent. Globally, Bosch has bought a number of tons of of the BPT-S 5 Hybrid Batteries and Australia is a key and rising marketplace for Bosch Power Tec.
Key Features Include:
- Integrated energy administration system – The Hybrid system consists of a 5kW solar inverter, a battery converter, a battery administration system and a lithium-ion battery financial institution which could be sized between 4.4 and 13.2kWh of capability, plus an energy administration and management panel with a color contact display screen show.
- Programmable, clever use of solar PV, batteries and the grid – Allows the person to maximise their financial savings by avoiding the acquisition of pricy grid electrical energy. The system decides the place to supply and direct electrical energy most cost-effectively in accordance with 4 pre-programmed ‘modes’ for morning, afternoon, night and night time.
- Maximising self-consumption of solar PV – The BPT-S 5 Hybrid may help to extend solar self-consumption for a typical family of 4 from 30% as much as 70%. A excessive cost efficiency of 5kW implies that a family of this dimension might even obtain whole grid independence in the summertime.
- Intelligent system administration and show – The Hybrid system comes with a touch-screen show that reveals present and historic family energy consumption and manufacturing, whereas additionally guaranteeing the continued well being and upkeep of the system. The system can also be monitored on-line by way of Bosch’s e.Web and e.UserApp.
Download a spec sheet: BPT-S 5 Hybrid (pdf)
Download the brochure: BPT-S 5 Hybrid (pdf)
Bosch Solar Inverters Pros and Cons
- Have an area workplace and assist crew
- Manufactured in Germany
- Excellent monitoring service usable by way of desktop or cellular
- Small quantity of market share in Australia
About Bosch Power Tec
Year based: 2011
Global headquarters: Boeblingen, Germany
Headquarters in Australia: Melbourne
Manufacturing plant places: Germany
Read About Home Battery Government Schemes Across Australia
South Australia, New South Wales, Victoria, and Australian Capital Territory all at present have a home battery scheme in place.
The South Australian Home Battery Scheme allows eligible South Australian residents to obtain as much as $4,000 per put in battery.
The New South Wales Home Battery Scheme affords an interest-free mortgage as much as $9000 for eligible households trying to set up a solar battery.
The Victorian Government beneath the Solar Homes Program supplies to these eligible, a most low cost of $4,174 off the battery sale worth. The subsequent launch of battery rebates is on the 2nd of September 2020.
The Australian Capital Territory Government beneath the Next Generation Energy Storage program supplies a rebate of $825 per kilowatt (kW). An common family with a 5kW system could be eligible for about $4,000.
Read extra product critiques from Solar Choice
Compare quotes from as much as 7 pre-vetted installers in your space now.
Since 2008 our data and complicated software program has allowed over 180,000 Australian households and companies to make a well-informed alternative on their solar & battery installer.