The Edge 1040 Solar has breakthrough solar charging and multi-band GNSS expertise
Garmin International has introduced the Edge 1040 Solar, a GPS-based bike laptop that includes solar charging and multi-band GNSS expertise.
The Edge 1040 has a Power Glass-branded solar charging lens, giving cyclists extra journey time between expenses – as much as 100 hours in battery saver mode – whereas multi-band GNSS expertise gives extra correct positioning in difficult journey environments, akin to dense city areas or beneath deep tree cowl.
The 3.5-inch touchscreen additionally contains a refreshed, modernized consumer expertise, giving cyclists simpler entry to key data, the power to customise the home web page and an improved journey abstract view.
Its progressive developments embody:
- Solar charging: The Power Glass solar charging lens extends battery life to as much as 100 hours in battery saver mode, giving cyclists an extra 42 minutes per hour throughout daytime using.
- Multi-band GNSS expertise: Provides higher positional accuracy and protection, even in difficult environments.
- Cycling capacity and course calls for: The system can classify a bicycle owner’s strengths and weaknesses, give attention to enchancment and put together for the calls for of a particular course.
- Power information: Recommended power targets make it simpler to handle efforts all through a course.
- Real-time stamina insights: Cyclists can monitor and monitor exertion ranges in real-time throughout a journey.
- Simple setup: Custom journey profiles prepopulate based mostly on earlier Edge knowledge, journey sorts and sensors. From there, biking exercise profiles might be managed straight on a appropriate smartphone from the Garmin Connect good system app.