This month SEI celebrated our fifteenth Annual Instructor and Staff Training Week. During this devoted time, the brightest solar minds within the business gathered to share information, finest practices, distinctive experiences, and good instances!
This 12 months audio system included:
- Ken Gardner, SEI’s Board President introduced the most recent and best suggestions and methods for set up.
- SEI teacher Zeke Yewdall gave a presentation centered on giant off-grid lithium battery system designs.
- Erik Bjork and Jeff Wang from Staubli introduced DC Cabling Best Practice advice & MC4 meeting. The presentation centered on widespread area failures. They taught every little thing wanted to know about making area assemblies for B-crimp in addition to for the complete barrel MC4’s, and introduced samples so the instructors had been in a position to make their very own assemblies in the course of the presentation.
- Rebekah Hren, SEI Instructor and NEC Code Making Panel Representative taught us about Resi Lithium.
- Karo Fernandez, SEI Instructor and NEC Code Making Panel Representative introduced Nomada Solar, a platform that goals to encourage others to construct a collaborative instructional community within the solar business, highlighting Spanish audio system ladies in solar.
- Solar professional Jason Fisher, additionally a part of the NEC Code Making Panel, gave the group updates and coaching on NFPA-70 National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Solar Industry Legend, Bill Brooks introduced “Polishing Uncle Bill’s Crystalline Ball—Trends in Products and Codes”
- Johan Alsfen Sr. Director of Training at K2 Systems and SEI teacher offered the most recent updates on “Residential Solar Racking and Mounting”
- Mark Mohrs, one other business legend, closed this magnificent 3-days occasion with a shows on pedagogy and instruction “The Science Behind Learning and Making Our Instruction Learner-Centered”
There was a whole lot of dialogue and shared concepts in every panel, all of which will probably be included in our curriculum shifting ahead as we guarantee it’s updated with the most recent business requirements and applied sciences. Each SEI division additionally introduced the highlights of SEI’s new strategic plan for the subsequent 3 years. Presentations had been filled with thrilling developments centered on rising the solar workforce globally, strengthening our attain in native communities, supporting companies with prime quality solar training, and a drive to maintain the business shifting ahead.
Supporting SEI efforts to develop a extra numerous solar business, our DEI committee organized a coaching to offer all instructors and employees the mandatory abilities to make sure that SEI is a secure, numerous and inclusive studying and work setting for all. The coaching coated numerous subjects together with fairness, inclusion, energy justice and sustaining a culturally competent setting that’s respectful and open to completely different cultural views, strengthening cultural safety and dealing in the direction of equality in alternative.
The Carbon Reduction committee introduced the fantastic information that, due to the numerous efforts and sources we put into decreasing CO2 emissions, SEI has been carbon impartial since January 2019, changing into a Climate Leader by means of Aclymate.
We additionally had a good time celebrating our very first Solar Prom! All who attended dressed to impress and had enjoyable beneath the theme of Let’s Glow Crazy with blacklights, luminous decor, and glowsticks lighting the way in which. During the celebration we additionally awarded the next high instructors of 2021, recognizing their dedication and dedication:
Zeke Yewdall received the Monarch of Moodle recognition for educating most programs in 2021. And the runners up had been Justine Sanchez, Ernesto Biestro, Carlos Oreamuno, Tom Honey, Diane Patrick, Eissa Ali
Calvin Angel was acknowledged as Lord of the Lab Yard for educating most in particular person programs. Runners up for this class had been: Brian Mehalic, Roger Williams, Kyle Bolger, Tom Honey
The annual solar household reunion is one in every of SEI’s favourite pastimes, giving us an opportunity to attach with one another and with what drives our group ahead – our shared ardour for solar and dedication to empower others with solar training to hitch us in our imaginative and prescient of a world powered by renewable energy.